Terrorists struck London on 7/7, and although it was halfway around the globe, it affected me as emotionally as 9/11 New York, Pennsylvania, and D.C. did. I find myself, once again, overwhelmed with emotions: anger, fear, sadness, helplessness, confusion, and hopelessness. But tonight I forced myself to ”take stock” of all the good things and blessings in my life.
Here’s my inventory:
1. I am grateful that my friends across the pond are all okay. And that some are so much more than acceptable…
2. I love my new Rogue friends who have taken me in….even though I sometimes wanna poke the wild animals.
3. My daughter, Erynn ROCKS! Somehow, still not quite sure how, I did that absolutely perfectly!
4. I am in a better place, physically, emotionally, mentally, than I was three years ago.
5. Cream cheese frosting on vanilla wafers is perfect comfort food. Forgettabout the calories.
6. Aspiring is inspiring.
7. I am lucky in the fact that I get paid to do something I am good at AND that I love to do.
8. I am proud to be an American, but I am not proud of some Americans
9. The “Party Elements” will always be elemental to my survivial.
10. Chocolate really does make everything better.
How ‘bout you?