Monday, January 22, 2007

JUST CALL ME LAURA FRICKING INGALLS WILDER!

So.....it has been one week since I time travelled back to the 19th century. I remember fondly watching "Little House on the Prairie." I loved Michael Landon,

- and why not!?!?!? after all, his first name is Michael

-loved the cute prairie dresses, the simplicity of the time. "Gee," I would think to myself, "It was so much easier then--"


"EASIER!?!?!?!?" I mutter each evening as I go to the gym to showe--err---to work out and THEN shower.


"W.T.F.!?!?!?!" I complain each morning and evening as I fill my 5 gallon buckets with water from the outside tank to fill house toilets with -- so they'll flush.


Hmmmm! Betcha some of youse didn't think about that, eh?


So -- the latest update, I got an outrageous quote from the solar company, and should know tomorrow how much, if any, they will cover.


Either way, tomorrow:

"To Solar or not to Solar, that is the question....."


5 comments:

lime said...

oh yeah....i thought about it. lol

hope the solar thingy works out ok.

Cosima said...

I am feeling with you... but you know, it would be even worse if you had to run to an outhouse, or the modern equivalent a Dixi toilet. I rather go into the wilderness than use those.

Hope everything works out ok soon!

KFarmer said...

I use the wilderness route all the time- mostly due to too much beer, lack of time and necessity- ;)

BTW- I'm a LIW fan and have all the books - :)

RACHEL said...

Okay, so here it is. I watched "Little House on the Prairie" regularly growing up. Maybe when I was searching for some order in world as child, I found it there. Also Michael Landon was the ideal father and husband. Hmmm....do you think we keep those things inside us?

Semi-Gloss Lacquer said...

hmmm.
-you're a vested teacher
-you're deeply entrenched in your church.
-you 'know people,' in municipal offices
-you are a key figure in an up-and coming well respected alt./arts fest...

-you have friends in this town and elsewhere, and are very well respected.

-and they're bellyaching about alt. Energy Sources, Developing Solar in the valley like it's a savior to our (extremely suck,) air quality...
-The tech. is very expensive, and they're not making any bones about anyone switching over to paying through the nose...
-and they MAY NOT? cover whatever damages there were for something as simple as a freeze???

No.

My advice...
-spurs...

You can talk, you know who to talk to, and folks will listen and act accordingly ---based upon all of the above and more...

-Apply pressure where necessary until desired results are achieved...

-and let results be well known..

-you can still be nice about it, but it's time for one little redhead horsewoman to open up her can-o-whoop-ass.

(told ya I was a fellow (non-practicing,) scorpio...