Saturday, August 05, 2006

Little Surfer Girl


APj is now BBQ - Body Boarding Queen!!! The pic is me after having rode a wave all the way in!
Yes -- I rode it hard, and yes, it put me away wet. Oh, and the white stuff is not sea smooge, it's zinc oxide.
(Gotta watch the sunburn on such a fair lass as I...)


A body board -- to those of you not familar-- is kinda like those kick boards you used to use in swimming lessons as a kid. Although they are bigger and meatier. The idea is to have the upper half of your body on the board, catch a wave, and ride the wave.

Let's review: My body on top. check. Catch a wave. double check. Ride the wave.....
(--err, sorry -- went to the store --) triple check.
Of course, Poseidon--being the trois of this menage--has other ideas. He wants to be on top. So he let's you catch a wave, only to roll you over and blow you. Blow salt water and sand up every orifice you've got. and possible some you didn't know you had....

Which brings us to surfing. Unfortunately (for you), I don't have many pictures of me surfing -- partially because I wasn't as successful at "Hanging Ten." Did you know that means to hang ten toes off the edge of the board!?!?!?!?
You've got to be fricking kidding me! I did graduate quickly from slacker surfing
(just laying on the board, but still catching the wave), to prayer surfing (on my knees all the way in to shore). I actually did manage to stand up and ride a wave on three separate occasions for 2-5 seconds. Hey! Quit your laughing. The really hot Aussie told me that it counted. (Don't ask -- he was too young. Way too young.)
I had a one very awesome turtle roll run: I was riding on my knees (now there's a picture for you....), trying to get my balance to stand up, lost balance and started to roll over in the wave. Didn't let go of the board and rolled over -- still haning on to the board.
"Would you do it again?" you ask.
Board on top, Poseidon on bottom, APj in the middle.














Nuff said... Party on, Garth....

14 comments:

lecram sinun said...

Cool! So did you get Posidon's number?

KFarmer said...

You are awesome! Cowabunga!

lime said...

so cool! it looks like a fabulous time! when you mentioned aussies and turtle rolls all i could think of was the aussue trtle in 'finding nemo' he was like dude. and i was like dude? and he was like dude! and i was like duuuuuuude...

airplanejayne said...

Mintz -if Steph surfing advances to acceptable time frames, please call...
SSM - no refrain? no retort? where's your dignity, man!?!?
Lecram - you mean Poseidon liked me? Did I miss the signals again? Shit!

K - Cowabunga! I felt like a Teenage -- err, Middleage Mutant Ninja Turtle!

Lime - I loved the Aussie turtle in Memo! Of course, I am a sucker for an accent....ask anyone...

Anonymous said...

go go surf-girl!

airplanejayne said...

Cor! Blimey! Speakin' oof the accent devil 'imself....
kien - I'm go-going!

ScarySquirrelMan said...

"aussie"? "way too young"? what, was he 30 years and 364 days old? no wait. you said "way too young". so make that 361 days.
and why am i always on the bottom?

Katie :) said...

what a kick ass trip.
next mission, take Katie with you! LOL
as for aloe, don't let those smelly boys touch ya, I'll aloe you up baby! ;)

Anonymous said...

you are a total badass. but we already knew that! you're such a water baby!!

airplanejayne said...

SSM - you're on bottom cause I say so...
and the Aussie was barely legal. serious. barely...
Sol - just the thought of Steph and SSM.....
Mintz - just keep telling yourself that it's good for the skin...
katie - I'm all aquiver....
Bees - hey! good bait for us down in San Diego.....

Unknown said...

sweet hope you had fun

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun.

Next up: surf boards!

KFarmer said...

I have a dream I would like you to look at when you get back home. I think you're prety good at stuff like that- if you want to and have time of course :)

KaMotion said...

Like, you totally rock.