Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Conversations with God

So I thought I would share with you my journal entry from this morning. After reading Psalm 20:1 "May the Lord answer you in distress..."
I dissolved, once again, into a fit of laughter.

For any of this to make sense, we must go back in time.....go back to Sunday A.M.
My script for the annual Christmas Pageant had been missing for two weeks. I had looked everywhere: the house, my classroom, church, my car. All locations had been searched multiple times. I KNEW I needed a "Plan B": rewrite it, choose a different script, or write a completely new one.
--but I did nothing. Stubbornly sticking to my original, but unsuccessful, "Plan A."

"God," I said as I went to bed Saturday night, "I know the script will turn up. Amen"

--however, I set the alarm for 5:30AM....just in case...

I awoke at 5:30 - made the cursory pass through the house to see what God has done, and I hear--
"Go Look in the Car"
"I already looked in there."
"Go look in the-"
"But God! It's cold out ther-"
"Go-"
"Fine, Lord, fine! I'm going!"
So go outside I did. Stomped to the car with an empty laundry basket, and emptied the back seat and the trunk into it! muttering, of course, the entire time.

I huffed back inside and set the basket on the table. As I started down the hall, to search, yet again, an already thrice searched spot, I heard-
"Empty the Basket."
"Oh, come on, God...Seriously, You KNOW I already looked i-"
"Empty the bask-"
"Fine, Lord, fine! I will empty the basket. I will bathe seven times in the river..."
Grudgingly, I started pulling things out of the basket, making piles on the table, and
voila!
-THE SCRIPT
-RIGHT THERE
.
With a sheepish grin, and a rather loud laugh.....I thanked God. Profusely.

Of course, I then proceeded to bombard and pepper Him:
"Seriously, God, seriously? This is the prayer You answered? Seriously? My pageant script? Geez....You certainly do have a twisted sense of humor.....kinda dark, eh?"

Or....maybe I'm asking all the wrong questions.....Maybe....maybe this was the only RIGHT question I've asked lately.....

"Okay, God - You win (as usual). I will be open to You and Your Will. Right here, right now, today and this week. I trust that, just as you placed that script JUST where and when I needed it to be, that You will place WHO and WHAT I need JUST where they and it need to be.
Amen

4 comments:

lecram sinun said...

So, do we now have to call you Tevya (or the female equivalent) for your questioning of the Big Sir? Oy!

lecram sinun said...

BTW... you have a giftie coming.

KFarmer said...

That was too funny~ I can see myself doing the same thing :)

lime said...

funny how he uses the mundane to knock us on the noggin sometimes.