Saturday, January 05, 2013

2013 Seasons of Love Day Four - Kleev Guessford


When I think of you, one of the first images that comes to mind is the Tin Man – from the Wizard of Oz.  I don’t think you’re aware of how huge your heart is – and how much you are loved by so many people. Just being near you causes a person’s heart to grow.  I wish you were my brother – so you could spoil me all the time.  That’s the truth.
Thank you for opening your heart and your home to me.  I remember coming to stay at your house (shortly after it was “decorated”).  I remember telling you that I just wished I had someone in my life who would wake me nicely in the morning and bring me coffee in bed.  And the next morning, you woke me nicely (from the hall), and brought me coffee in bed.  Seriously – I almost wept. 
I remember taking flowers home – I think they were from Tamora’s wedding – and thinking, “I wanna get married again just so I can have flowers done by Kleev.”  I’ve matured since then – I now realize that I don’t have to get married to get those flowers – I just have to have a really big party.  Trust me, I’m working on it.
One final Kleev memory –from just last year.  Erynn and I were overjoyed that you came to her Art show.  And I laugh remembering how the three of us got all teary-eyed upon your exclamation of, “Oh Erynn – I love your stuff.  It’s really good – and I’m so glad I don’t have to lie – it really is so good.”
Kleev – I love you and your stuff.  It’s beyond good.  The Wizard was right when he said, “Just remember, my sentimental friend, a heart isn’t judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved.”

No comments: