Thursday, January 10, 2013

2013 Seasons of Love Day Six - Danita Mobley Hamel


In April, 2010 I wrote the following on your Facebook wall:
One of the things that I love about you, that YOU couldn't possibly have known - you call me "Jaynie" which is what I was called until I was 13. So, you see,you are in the small group of people who have known me the longest and the best -- even though we've just recently become friends. You're special, my dear. Love ya lots.

We’ve been friends for three years!  I’ve watched your children grow, I’ve seen you get involved in theater, I’ve laughed at your shenanigans, cried for your pain, and cheered your successes.

-all the above, and we’ve never seen each other, face-to-face.
How is that possible?  I don’t know, and frankly my dear, I don’t give a  dam
-darn.  I don’t give a darn.  I love you to pieces.  

You have an amazingly sweet and kind heart – and a soul to match.  I sensed the depth of that soul in the words you posted and wrote to mutual friends – but I knew it the first time we talked on the phone.   I remember chatting with you on (more than) a few Saturday mornings – talking about what was going on in our lives.  Your advice and enthusiasm was much appreciated, you know that, right?

I miss writing silly things on your wall.  So –let’s start doing that again, okay?  I swear/vow/promise that I will make the road trip north to see you soon.  I want to have pictures of us doing silly things.

No comments: