Friday, January 04, 2013

2013 Seasons of Love Day Three: Marcel Nunis

My Dear, darling, DDCCF:

I’m bending my “totally random” resolution for you.  You were supposed to be tomorrow, but I’m putting you on today.  Happy Birthday, you Damn Dyslexic Color-blind Crippled Foreigner (said with muchloveandaffection).

I met you almost eight years ago, and you had a heavy hand in changing my life –for the better.  Thank you for inviting me into your world-of-Rogue. 
Some of my favorite Marcel moments involve bbq’s in your front yard, chatting with Gertie, endless hours of documentaries, old movies, ridiculous trips to BigLots and the 99cent store.  Oh – and let’s not forget –you’re the one who got me to try many new foods – even though I still don’t like them touching each other, I enjoy the new flavors you’ve introduced me to.

You were one of the first people I talked to after I had to put Rio down – you called and told me to come over.  We sat there ( I don’t even remember what we watched) – and you didn’t try to get me to talk – you just let me be (which was what I needed).  You also had the fabulous idea of using that as the comedic moment of my second Rogue show.  Brilliant.

Oh – and I never would have been able to do any show if it hadn’t been for you.  Thank you for the prodding and poking – thanks for listening and critiquing.  Your input and advice were greatly appreciated.
You and I don’t see much of each other right now – and I need to remedy that.  But please know – you are important to me.   And I promise to finish that eulogy…but can I do it before you die?  I think it would be so much more fun if you were there…


lecram sinun said...

get off of my yard yer darn trouble makers!

thanks, APJ... Cheers!

lime said...

why does none of this surprise me? :)

lelly58 said...

Lovely post Jayne...One day I hope to join you on Marcel's yard. I have started blogging again btw...