Friday, January 04, 2013

2013 Seasons of Love Day Three: Marcel Nunis


My Dear, darling, DDCCF:

I’m bending my “totally random” resolution for you.  You were supposed to be tomorrow, but I’m putting you on today.  Happy Birthday, you Damn Dyslexic Color-blind Crippled Foreigner (said with muchloveandaffection).

I met you almost eight years ago, and you had a heavy hand in changing my life –for the better.  Thank you for inviting me into your world-of-Rogue. 
Some of my favorite Marcel moments involve bbq’s in your front yard, chatting with Gertie, endless hours of documentaries, old movies, ridiculous trips to BigLots and the 99cent store.  Oh – and let’s not forget –you’re the one who got me to try many new foods – even though I still don’t like them touching each other, I enjoy the new flavors you’ve introduced me to.

You were one of the first people I talked to after I had to put Rio down – you called and told me to come over.  We sat there ( I don’t even remember what we watched) – and you didn’t try to get me to talk – you just let me be (which was what I needed).  You also had the fabulous idea of using that as the comedic moment of my second Rogue show.  Brilliant.

Oh – and I never would have been able to do any show if it hadn’t been for you.  Thank you for the prodding and poking – thanks for listening and critiquing.  Your input and advice were greatly appreciated.
You and I don’t see much of each other right now – and I need to remedy that.  But please know – you are important to me.   And I promise to finish that eulogy…but can I do it before you die?  I think it would be so much more fun if you were there…

3 comments:

lecram sinun said...

get off of my yard yer darn trouble makers!

thanks, APJ... Cheers!

lime said...

why does none of this surprise me? :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely post Jayne...One day I hope to join you on Marcel's yard. I have started blogging again btw...
http://lelly58.wordpress.com/