Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sunday's Prayer

I have morning and evening bits I do, that involve reading, thinking, writing, and conversing. One of my bits this morning included the line, "Do not fear, only believe" which
has been/is/and will continue to be one of my favorites.

But simple as it sounds, it is something I struggle with -- letting go of the fear in so many different situations. I decided to really allow myself to be vulnerable - to "not fear, only believe" -- and share my conversation:

Do not fear, only believe.
But believing means that I’ve got to step off the mountain, step off the cliff
Dive into air
And travel at a speed approaching sound and light
As a feather, but I’m heavy like a rock
And rocks can’t fly, they fall
Not free
Just fall

So You call to me “Do not fear, only believe”
But I tried that, and look where it got me
Got milk?
So catchy, but I’m becoming more lactose intoler
Ranting on and on boring myself, boring
Holes into my own brain and psyche.
Psyching myself up again to believe
I can fly,
Not fall,
But fly.

And You encourage me, “Do not fear, only believe”
But where do You get off telling to not fear,
When fear is a dish You’ve never really tasted?
Yes, Pain was your main
Coursed through your vein, but fear? Never
Fear, for You knew for certain what lay at the end of your rocky road
Ice cream.

I scream, “How can I not fear?
Fair it is not! And damn it I do believe
That I can fly! But I also know I could die
Jumping off that cliff
Diving into the air.
I know that I could fall
Not free,
Just fall
Like a rock.

And again, You whisper,
“Do not fear, only believe…..”

5 comments:

lime said...

something i think we all struggle with, thanks for sharing with us:)

Anonymous said...

jayne, I found this useful.....

"Good morning
This is God
I will be handling
All of your
Problems today
I will not need
Your help, so have
A miraculous day."

airplanejayne said...

solitaire - may just have to kidnap you soon....

lime and ravenstears - thanks for the thanks

kien - thanks for letting me know what God has to say....I think you're right on the money!!

Semi-Gloss Lacquer said...

A mobsters sunday school lesson:

...so there was, like, you know, this guy, once, who walked on water and stuff.

(..no, no, not THAT guy, the OTHER guy, the one who was named after a rock, (a small pebble, actually.)
-but he was a big guy, (no neck at all, he was a planet...)

-and he saw the first guy, (the one you was first thinking of,) who was out walking on the water, and he wanted to walk too, (the second guy, (named petros, or 'Rocky'... more like 'Pebbles, but don't call him that,,, he hates that...)

anyways
-so he did, he got out of the boat and he walked on the water, just like that, squish, squish, bada-bam.

but then he got his eyes off the hope that he had, (who was the first guy,) and he began to sink, (very old school, like cement shoes)

-then the first guy reached out to the second guy, and immed. they were on shore..

So, like maybe the issue is,like,
'who are you looking at in all of this,
you,
or, you know, the (hope) guy.

(and I don't think it's just a guy thing, you know?)

I dunno.
It's a shot.

ciao bella

(with respect)
John Paul 2
(aka J.Paulie the Hat)

airplanejayne said...

JP II, aka L,SGL, aka I-still haven't-figured-out-who-you-are but-I-will....
thanks for sharing-- one of my faves also....(

although I think if it had been one of the M&M's out on the water, they would have walked without sinking...